Exposing Solution Engineers to the Consultative Sales Cycle curriculum is designed to train solution engineers to increase sales in existing client engagements, and assist in the sales effort through proper sales and client engagement methodologies. It is designed to turn technical/engineering teams into a profit center by teaching them to utilize proven sales techniques and follow a sales-consulting methodology. The organization’s business will benefit through increased sales and better account penetration in existing customers. Additionally, they will develop better relationships with their end-user IT and C-Level personnel, and increase the billable rate and number of hours of their professional services team by teaching them to provide true business value, together with their implementation services.
- Sales engineers
- Technical support representatives
- Customer facing technologists
- Explain why a comprehensive sales methodology is critical to the consultant mindset.
- Discuss factors that influence IT decisions in today’s changing economy.
- Develop a definitive plan before engaging with the end user.
- Utilize sales techniques throughout the engagement will increase sales.
- Use a post-engagement checklist to exceed expectations, meet metrics and define next steps.
- Create need, address additional business objectives through technology and work with decision makers to promote future business opportunities.
- Wrap up the engagement and re-introduce the sales process.
- Sales methodology review
- Market and business trends
- Selling value
- Pre-engagement checklist
- The engagement process
- Intelligent consultations
- Effective questioning to qualify
- Handling objections
- Resource allocation
- Post-engagement checklist
- Making recommendations
- Selling the solution package
- Becoming their trusted advisor